About the Program
The Biomedical Sciences and Public Health program of Tufts University allows students to gain expertise in the fields of biomedical science and public health, enabling them to solve problems common to both fields and effectively communicate with professionals in both. The combination of basic science with population health principles puts graduates in a unique position in the clinical and public health work forces.
What kind of job can I get with these degrees?
Some students may use the program as a terminal degree while others may pursue MD, DMD, PhD, or DrPH degrees in the future. Students with an MBS/MPH are likely to seek positions in government, pharmaceutical or biotechnical companies, research facilities or research centers in health care organizations.
- Students must complete all MPH core course requirements: one course each in the five core knowledge areas, as well a Program Evaluation course and a course on Health Care Budgeting and Management, and the Applied Learning Experience (ALE). The ALE requires students to synthesize knowledge acquired in coursework and apply it to a public health project of their own design involving at least 160 hours of practicum work. Remaining course credits are earned through completion of concentration specific requirements and additional electives.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Public Health View 1563 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tufts University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You will be asked to provide a personal statement regarding your interest in the MPH program and 1 letter of recommendation, typically from your current program adviser.
- Upon submission of the short application, the PHPD Admissions Office will obtain the application materials you submitted for your original MBS program application and a copy of your transcript containing your first semester grades in the MBS program. The information you provide in the short application, plus your transcripts, test scores, letters of recommendation, and personal information on your original MBS application, will be combined and reviewed by the Public Health Admissions Committee for admission to the MBS/MPH program.
International56190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56190 USD per year during 24 months.
National56190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56190 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Medford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.