The Public Health Practice MPH and Graduate Certificate in Public Health programs from Oregon Health & Science University are ideal for:
- Professionals with full-time careers, including doctors, nurses, social workers, educators, nonprofit personnel, government officials, hospital administrators, and others whose work involves advancing the public’s health.
- Full-time students living in or near metropolitan Portland or those who live outside the Portland metropolitan area, especially those in rural areas of the Pacific Northwest.
- Graduate students in other fields (including medicine, law, and social work) who seek to add a public health lens to their work, through a graduate certificate in public health.
The OHSU-PSU School of Public Health (SPH) offers a fully online MPH in Public Health Practice, a hybrid online/on-campus MPH that you can complete in one year, and an online Graduate Certificate in Public Health.
All three programs enable you to:
- Serve populations that bear a disproportionate share of society’s health risks.
- Connect and collaborate with various kinds of public health professionals, including (but not limited to) researchers, policy makers, program evaluators, health care practitioners, hospital and clinic administrators, and community advocates.
- Use a dynamic online course platform that promotes strong relationships and extensive interaction among students and faculty.
- Get personal, one-on-one attention from your instructors.
In addition, both the online and hybrid version of the MPH degree confer practical skills such as grant writing, program design and evaluation, data analysis, and public health research.
MPH in Public Health Practice (online only)
The two-year MPH in Public Health Practice pairs online coursework with hands-on engagement in your own community, wherever you live. Designed to accommodate recent college graduates as well as working adults, our online MPH can fit easily into any schedule, whether you are taking courses full-time or balancing them with your job, family, and other responsibilities.
The online Public Health Practice MPH is taught by the same preeminent faculty who lead the OHSU-PSU SPH’s in-person programs. And, it equips you with relevant, applied expertise in public health practice that you can use to guide health reform, exercise leadership, develop and evaluate programs, and better serve your community.
MPH in Public Health Practice (hybrid online/on-campus)
The hybrid Public Health Practice MPH combines online and in-person courses. Designed for completion on an accelerated 12-month schedule, it equips you with specialized public health expertise to support specific professional goals.
You can complete this rigorous hybrid MPH in Public Health Practice program during a year off from an MD, JD, MSW, MPA, or other graduate degree, adding complementary training that expands your scope of expertise and increases your marketability. Here is a Sample Program of Study.
- Concepts of Environmental Health
- Health Systems Organization
- Principles of Health Behavior
- Research Methods and Evidence-Based Practices
- Social Determinants of Health
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1358 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Conferred undergraduate degree
- One college-level algebra, pre-calculus, calculus or statistics course
- Additional Statements (approximately 250 words each)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended
- World Education Services (WES) ICAP Course-by-Course evaluation of academic records from institutions outside the U.S. and English-speaking Canada
International21532 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 769 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21532 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 769 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State16660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Oregon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.