For the Interactive Media (by research) programme from University of York , you will investigate, through critical theory, close reading or other appropriate approaches, an area of interactive media and/or digital culture (such as games studies, digital cinema, digital identity, digital design and digital storytelling), submitting for your degree a thesis of between 15,000 to 20,000 words.
The MA and MSc by Research in Interactive Media have no taught element. You will work independently with support from your academic supervisor.
These programmes are particularly aimed at individuals who wish to develop advanced research skills to enhance their undergraduate degree and/or as a prelude to developing a research-based career. As such, while counting as a research degree in its own right, the Masters by research may also, for suitable students, lead to a transfer to PhD study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Postgraduate students in the Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media are also part of the wider York community.
- The Humanities Research Centre (HRC) is a beautifully designed space for academics and postgraduates from across York's eight arts and humanities departments, that provides a highly stimulating and supportive base for postgraduate study.
- The HRC also offers strong professionalising training, a beautiful working environment and plenty of opportunities both to socialise and to collaborate on shared projects.
- Research students also benefit from a range of training opportunities designed to support various aspects of their professional development. These are offered by the Research Excellence Training Team and the University of York Graduate Research School.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
In most cases, applications can be submitted year-round. However, we recommend that you apply as early as possible as some areas are particularly competitive.
DisciplinesMedia Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 92 other Masters in Media Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Degree transcript
- Research Proposal
- Two References
- A sample of your written work
- The research proposal should be 1-2 pages in length and outline your particular research question, its context and the proposed methodology.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National4650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4650 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK Part-time: £2,325
- International/EU Part-time: £9,450
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.