- The program at the New Mexico State University promotes the use of all varieties of Spanish, including local varieties, and challenges assumptions of linguistic superiority. This empowers our students to make lasting contributions to their own communities and beyond.
- The Spanish major consists of 24 credits (8 courses) at the 300 and 400 levels, including requirements for grammar and composition for either non-native speakers (former) or heritage speakers (latter).
- Teaching Literature with Technology
- Teaching Culture with Technology
- Assessing the National Standards
- Advanced Spanish Language Acquisition
- Advanced Spanish Phonetics
- Advanced Spanish Phonology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 991 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at New Mexico State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A BA in Spanish
- A GPA of 3.0 or above, which includes at least 12 semester hours of upper-division undergraduate courses in Spanish with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- A current resume (CV) in Spanish
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from qualified professionals (written within the last six months), preferably from past professors, that address the applicant’s academic record.
- A writing sample in Spanish (critical or creative writing texts). If you do not have a six-page paper, you may submit multiple shorter works totaling six pages.
- A Language Evaluation Form (available for download at the departmental website) completed and signed by a qualified language evaluator. If you have an official ACTFL OPI rating certificate, this may be submitted in lieu of the Language Evaluation Form.
- An introductory letter in Spanish
International19032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19032 USD per year during 12 months.
National19032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19032 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6189 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6189 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Las Cruces
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.