About the Program
Healthcare administrators make decisions that can improve health outcomes and facilitate the lifesaving work of doctors and nurses. From planning budgets to inspiring teams on the frontlines, these leaders address some of the most urgent challenges facing communities, hospitals, medical practices, biopharmaceutical companies and payer organizations. To maximize their impact, today’s administrators must be able to apply best practices and organizational principles to the decisions and operations that affect countless lives.
The Healthcare Administration program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) equips graduates with the specific knowledge and skills that are in highest demand for administrative roles in healthcare, preparing them to build talented teams, manage operations and guide analytical decision making. Our students learn to implement effective, value-based care strategies that are guided by both data and compassion.
Students in the online Master of Healthcare Administration program prepare for leadership roles where they can achieve improved health outcomes and more efficient operations. The MHA builds the skills that managers and executives need to integrate analytics into their decision making, maintain a budget and communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout their organizations. Professionals can take advantage of this online program’s flexibility to continue working full time while preparing to advance their careers in a rapidly growing field.
The online MHA program leverages the expertise of faculty at UCLA, the university ranked No. 1 among public institutions by U.S. News & World Report. Courses are taught by groundbreaking researchers and experienced professionals in both healthcare and management. Faculty members in the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health contribute to worldwide efforts that improve the well-being of communities, and the school’s research centers are dedicated to pioneering multidisciplinary work that fuels innovation in areas like healthcare management, health policy, health equity, healthy climate solutions, and public health and disasters.
- Microeconomic Theory in the Health Sector
- Public Health
- Healthcare Organization & Financing
- Statistics for Health Management Decision-Making
- Directed Individual Study or Research
- Management & Organizational Behavior in Health Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Multiple chances to start the program each year
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences View 693 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, comparable in standard and content to a bachelor’s degree from the University of California
- Cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of at least 3.0
- Three years of professional work experience in any industry
- Completed online application
- Application fee: $120 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents; $140 for all other applicants
- Official copies of transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities
- Statement of purpose
- Personal statement
- Professional résumé showing at least three years of professional work experience
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL scores (for international applicants only)
International59400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59400 USD per year during 24 months.
National59400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59400 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.