The primary curriculum goal of the Master of Social Work program is to educate advanced social work practitioners who demonstrate the knowledge, skills, values and ethics of the profession and who are competent for specialized practice.
The Social Work - Advanced Standing - Direct Practice MSW program offered at Arizona State University prepares students to work with individuals, families and small groups. Students learn how to diagnosis and assess mental health conditions, create treatment plans and provide appropriate interventions in a variety of clinical and community settings.
Career examples include:
- adult and juvenile corrections --- mental health service professional
- behavioral health hospitals --- counselor
- homeless services --- outreach coordinator or shelter director
- hospital or school social worker
- individual counselor
- gerontology services --- counselor
- group therapy clinicians
- wellness programming
- Ethics in Social Services
- Integrative Social Work Practice
- Integrative Social Work Practice Skills
- Statistics for Social Workers
- Social Service Delivery Systems
- Social Work Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 39 credit hours including the required capstone course (SWG 621), or
- 51 credit hours including the required capstone course (SWG 621), or
- 60 credit hours including the required capstone course (SWG 621), or
- 60 credit hours including the required capstone course (SWG 621) (MSW/MPA concurrent degree)
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy View 514 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions.
- Applicants must have a BSW from a Council on Social Work Education-accredited program with a minimum GPA of 3.20 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last two years of work leading to the Bachelor of Social Work (junior and senior GPA). Applicants must have received their Bachelor of Social Work degree no more than six years prior to the date of admission to the MSW program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- three letters of reference
- professional resume that includes volunteer and paid work experience
- statement of educational and career goals
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.