Moment by moment, social workers improve lives and strengthen communities. Wherever life takes you, this master's degree prepares you, a recent BSW graduate, to be a skilled practitioner, leader and advocate throughout your pursuit for justice. Engage, intervene and evaluate social systems in one of ASU's most influential communities.
The Social Work - Advanced Standing - Advanced Generalist MSW degree offered at Arizona State University prepares students to be practitioners who deliver culturally competent, ethical interventions that range from complex case management and practice with individuals (micro), families and groups (mezzo) to affecting social change by developing skills in organization, administration, policy development and community practice (macro).
Career examples include:
- community outreach coordinator
- hospital or school social worker
- mental health advocate
- program specialist
- social services manager or director
- Bridge Seminar
- Social Work Skills
- Assessment of Mental Disorders
- Advanced Social Work Practice
- Advanced Generalist Social Work Practice
- Program Evaluation
- Policy Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy View 611 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions.
- Applicants must have a BSW from a Council on Social Work Education-accredited program with a minimum GPA of 3.20 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last two years of work leading to the Bachelor of Social Work (junior and senior GPA). Applicants must have received their Bachelor of Social Work degree no more than six years prior to the date of admission to the MSW program. All applicants are required to have completed a course in human biology and a course in statistics prior to enrollment in the advanced standing program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- three letters of reference
- professional resume that includes volunteer and paid work experience
- statement of educational and career goals
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Peoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.