The MPA is a transdisciplinary, professional degree program designed to prepare students for public service, public management and policy analysis at the local, state and national levels of government.
The Public Administration - Urban Management MPA program from Arizona State University provides knowledge and skills for students seeking careers in local urban government management and enables students to develop the skills and techniques used by city and urban leaders and managers.
Graduates are prepared to pursue a career in a field related to public administration or public policy. This may include opportunities as a manager or policy analyst in local, state or federal agencies; nonprofit organizations; and private organizations that interface with the public sector.
- Public Service Research
- Public Affairs
- Microeconomics of Public Policy
- Public Budgeting and Finance
- Public Human Resource Management
- Organization Behavior
- The City and County Manager
- Public Entrepreneurship
- Management of Urban Government
- Urban Services Infrastructure
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy Urban Planning View 263 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
- Fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution. Related fields include political science, planning, business, urban and metropolitan studies, as well as other social science disciplines, although the department may accept applicants with degrees from all educational backgrounds provided the minimum requirements for the program are met.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- verbal, quantitative and analytical scores on the GRE (institution code: 4007) or GMAT scores
- three letters of recommendation
- written statement
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.