Join the unique Performance - Voice, Music Theatre, Opera MM program from Arizona State University that provides professional training in a supportive, student-centered environment with a faculty committed to preparing you to be an outstanding professional artist.
The voice performance emphasis provides intensive practical training and performance experience to prepare students for a broad range of vocal careers. In addition to studio voice instruction and advanced work in acting, students may study techniques in art song, music theatre and opera, and may perform up to two recitals or may participate in music theatre and opera productions.
The opera performance emphasis provides intensive practical training and performance experience to prepare students for professional careers in opera. In addition to studio voice instruction and advanced work in acting, movement, audition techniques, career skills and vocal coaching, students study standard and contemporary operatic repertoire and are required to perform roles in at least two ASU music theatre and opera productions.
The music theatre performance emphasis provides intensive practical training and performance experience to prepare students for professional careers as musical theatre artists. In addition to studio voice instruction and advanced work in acting, dance, movement, audition techniques, career skills and vocal coaching, students study repertoire from the traditional and contemporary musical theatre canon and are required to perform roles in at least two ASU music theatre and opera productions.
The School of Music, Dance and Theatre graduate programs inspire and empower students to become creative leaders who transform society through music.
Musicians with expertise in performing, composing, teaching, researching and arts advocacy are in high demand across many sectors and industries, including performing arts organizations, educational institutions, entertainment companies, health and wellness industries and community arts organizations. Skills such as creativity, collaboration, innovation, entrepreneurship and the focused discipline needed for success as musicians are all highly valued by a wide range of companies and professions.
Career examples include:
- arts administration
- community arts advocate
- performing musician
- public or community school teacher
- university professor
- Studio Instruction
- Advanced Techniques for the Singing Actor
- Solo Performance
- Music History
- Music Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Theatre & Dance View 321 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a U.S. bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree from an institution in another country that is officially recognized by that country.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- School of Music, Dance and Theatre application (including a resume, personal statement and repertoire list
- official transcripts
- prescreening video
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.