The Composition - Interdisciplinary Digital Media MM program offered at Arizona State University is designed for students who have interests and skills in unique cross sections of the arts and sciences.
The degree program expands the School of Music, Dance and Theatre offerings to include areas beyond typical music coursework, allowing additional opportunities for transdisciplinary study and collaboration across the Herberger Institute and beyond. It also allows the School of Music, Dance and Theatre and its students to be actively involved in current developments in the ever-changing field of media.
The School of Music, Dance and Theatre graduate programs inspire and empower students to become creative leaders who transform society through music.
Musicians with expertise in performing, composing, teaching, researching, arts advocacy and serving as therapists are in high demand across many sectors and industries, including performing arts organizations, educational institutions, entertainment companies, health and wellness industries and community arts organizations. Skills such as creativity, collaboration, innovation, entrepreneurship and the focused discipline needed for success as musicians are all highly valued by a wide range of companies and professions.
Career examples include:
- arts administrator
- community arts advocate
- composer for film, video games or television
- performing musician
- public or community school teacher
- university professor
- Arts, Media and Engineering
- Music Theory
- Music History
- Advanced Composition
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Media Studies & Mass Media View 336 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts.
- A U.S. bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree from an institution in another country and officially recognized by that country.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in the last 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours of a student's first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee: https://admission.asu.edu/graduate
- School of Music, Dance and Theatre application (including a resume and personal statement): https://musicdancetheatre.asu.edu/admissions/music/graduate-steps-to-apply
- official transcripts
- prescreening portfolio
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.