The Community Resources and Development - Tourism MSc program from Arizona State University is a research-oriented master's degree program. Students learn to analyze and understand critical topics and issues pertinent to the fields of tourism, parks and recreation management, nonprofits and nongovernmental organizations, and sustainable communities.
This degree prepares graduates for careers in governmental agencies, nonprofit organizations and private-sector businesses. Career opportunities include:
- tourism officers
- parks and recreation officers
- nonprofit and nongovernmental organization officers
- community services officers
- Research Methods
- Statistical and Data Analysis
- Community Services Management
- Critical Issues
- Theoretical Perspectives in Community Development
- Advanced Tourism and Recreation Studies
- Sustainable Tourism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- 30 credit hours and a thesis, or
- 36 credit hours including the required applied project
DisciplinesSocial Work Sustainable Development Tourism & Leisure View 510 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in a related discipline, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- statement of professional and academic goals
- three letters of recommendation
- current resume
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.