Students earning an MS degree in biochemistry in the School of Molecular Sciences are trained in the fundamental aspects of the discipline, but most also choose to learn by joining transdisciplinary teams that work on larger, mission-based contemporary problems in areas such as:
- energy and sustainability
- fundamental chemical biology
- materials and nanoscience
- medicine and health
- structure function and dynamics
The Biochemistry MSc program offered at Arizona State University provides students with the training they need to solve biological problems at the molecular scale and to contribute to research in current challenging societal issues.
Professionals with training achieved in pursuit of a graduate degree in chemistry or biochemistry have opportunities in five general areas: industry (R&D, quality control, etc.), academia (high school and higher education), government (research, policy, etc.), nonprofit (policy, public education, etc.), and entrepreneurship (consulting, start-ups, etc.). In addition to specialized technical skills, graduates possess high-demand skills, like critical thinking, teamwork and collaboration, time management and many others.
Some career examples include:
- research and development scientist
- drug discovery scientist
- pharmacology scientist
- chemistry lecturer
- high school teacher
- government scientist
- science consultant
- Applied Genetics
- Biology of Microorganisms
- Bacterial Physiology
- Medical Bacteriology
- Developmental Biology
- Cell Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Biochemistry View 714 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- personal statement
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.