The goal of our graduate Sociology program at University of California, Merced is to foster scholarly excellence in sociology, with a specific focus on several core areas of the discipline, including race and ethnicity, gender and sexuality, politics, immigration, health, and education, among others.
- Our program is nationally and internationally recognized for its high-quality scholarship, graduate training, and contributions to the university and community.
- Students master a diverse toolkit of research methods and conceptual approaches for carrying out independent research, while also learning in depth about two core research areas that they select.
Core research areas
- Gender and Sexuality
- Race and Ethnicity
- Social Movements and Political Sociology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 581 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution with a major appropriate to the proposed graduate program. This degree must represent the completion of a program equivalent both in the distribution of academic subject matter and scholarship achievement comparable to that offered at the University of California.
- Have a satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) is required.
- Provide TOEFL or IELTS test scores (international students only). All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship, whose preparatory education was principally in a language other than English, must show evidence of having taken the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or TOEFL-Internet Based Test or the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) examination within the past two years.
International11502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5751 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5751 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Merced
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.