This Cognitive and Information Sciences emphasis at University of California, Merced distinguishes us from other Cognitive Science graduate programs. We view intelligent behaviors not just as emerging solely from neural processes, but from interactions between brain, body, and environment.
- Thus, intelligent behaviors may also emerge from group and social interactions situated in their economic and technological milieu.
- The word “information” in CIS denotes our multi-scale perspective on cognition, and our emphasis on computational approaches to understanding intelligent behavior.
- Our award-winning faculty specialize in a variety of areas that intersect at this nexus, including computational modeling, complex systems theory, distributed cognition, categorization, psycholinguistics, cognitive linguistics, visual perception, cognitive engineering, service science, artificial intelligence, reasoning, computer vision, philosophy of mind, cognitive neuroscience, and bioinformatics.
- The M.S. program builds on on our well-established Ph.D. program, which has propelled students to successful data and cognitive science careers in academia as well as with companies such as Netflix, Accenture, Kaiser, Facebook, Cisco, and Salesforce.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Cognitive Sciences View 628 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution with a major appropriate to the proposed graduate program. This degree must represent the completion of a program equivalent both in the distribution of academic subject matter and scholarship achievement comparable to that offered at the University of California.
- Have a satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) is required.
- Provide TOEFL or IELTS test scores (international students only).
International11502 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5751 EUR per semester during 12 months.
National11502 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5751 EUR per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Merced
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.