- Our Clinical Mental Health Counseling graduates at the University of Alaska Fairbanks are uniquely prepared to serve the diverse communities of Alaska and are employed by agencies throughout the state.
- With classes available on-campus in Fairbanks and via distance learning, the master’s in clinical mental health counseling offers options to fit your life. Our faculty have extensive practitioner experience, and, along with your advisors, are here to guide you every step of the way. Whether you take classes by distance or face-to-face, you’ll enjoy the same hands-on training experiences, collaborative learning atmosphere and personal attention.
The Master of Education in Clinical Mental Health Counseling is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Programs (CACREP).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developmental Interventions
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Career Development
- Appraisal for Counselors
- Multicultural Counseling
- Research in Counseling and Educational Settings
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Applicants should apply to a graduate degree program at least six to nine months before the beginning of the semester in which they plan to enroll.
DisciplinesSpecial Education Health Sciences Counselling View 727 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Apply online. Applications must be received before the published deadlines, along with a $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Review your department’s department-specific requirements and application deadlines.
- Submit certified official university transcripts and English translations.
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores. Not all departments require GRE or GMAT scores if the student has earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae. Include work and research experience, publications, patents, honors, professional and civic memberships, and foreign travel.
- Submit a statement of academic goals. Write a statement indicating why study is desired in a particular program.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification page.
- Complete UAF’s financial statement form and provide supporting documentation showing adequate funding to cover all expenses at UAF.
International21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
National21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11160 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairbanks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.