About the Program
There is rising demand for such skills with the ever-increasing availability of large datasets. Students with this background may be hired as quantitative financial analysts by firms specializing in quantitative portfolio management, trading, or risk management. Outside of the financial industry, there is increasing demand for quantitative analysts by firms in energy and related industries, healthcare, and consulting.The curriculum in the Finance - Quantitative Finance program of the University of Houston combines core finance courses with specialized courses in financial econometrics (intersection of finance and statistical techniques), stochastic calculus, computational finance, data analytics, and programming for algorithmic or machine learning applications.
- Fixed Income
- Financial Econometrics
- Stochastic Calculus and Computational Finance
- Programming in R - Finance Applications
- Analyzing Financial Statements
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Statistics View 564 other Masters in Statistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the MS in Finance program requires a four-year undergraduate degree in any discipline from an accredited university.
- BBA Finance graduates from the UH Bauer College of Business who are admitted to the MSF program within two years of graduating with the undergraduate degree will require only 30 graduate credits (or ten full-semester courses) to complete the MSF degree.
- Application for Graduate Studies
- Official GMAT or GRE scores, less than 5 years old
- International applicants must submit comply with English language proficiency requirements
- An application fee is required ($75 for domestic applicants and $150 for international applicants)
- Goal Statement
- Letters of recommendation for MS in Finance are not required, nor accepted
International10104 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5052 USD per semester during 12 months.
National10104 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5052 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State4008 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2004 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.