Students will receive a rigorous training in imaging systems and analysis, computational imaging, and machine learning, in preparation for an industry career.
- The tuition and fees for the M.S. in Biomedical Image Computing at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign are the standard Graduate and Professional Programs rates for the College of Engineering.
- Students in the M.S. in Biomedical Image Computing program are not eligible for tuition-waiver generating assistantships.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Biomedical Computed Imaging Systems
- Statistical Analysis of Biomedical Images
- Computational Mathematics for Machine Learning and Imaging
- Applied Deep Learning for Biomedical Imaging
- Applied High-Performance Computing for Imaging Science
- Foundations of Imaging Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology Medical Imaging View 382 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in an engineering or other quantitative discipline from an accredited college or university. Students should have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 (A=4.00) or equivalent for the last two years of undergraduate study and show evidence of strong quantitative skills and of serious interest in imaging and machine learning through their personal statement.
- Students in the program do not have automatic admission to the Ph.D. program in any engineering department.
- All applicants whose native language is not English must submit a minimum TOEFL score of 102 (iBT), 257 (CBT), or 613 (PBT); or minimum International English Language Testing System (IELTS) academic exam scores of 7.0 overall and 6.0 in all subsections.
- Applicants may be exempt from the TOEFL if certain criteria are met. Applicants with lesser scores may still apply.
International36789 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36789 USD per year during 12 months.
National36789 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36789 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State19320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19320 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.