The Medical Product Development Management MSc program offered by San José State University prepares students for an advanced career in clinical operations management, clinical trials monitoring, quality, regulatory, and the complex interdisciplinary process of medical product development.
The industry-relevant curriculum was designed in collaboration with experts from biopharma companies in the greater San Francisco Bay area. The courses are taught by award-winning faculty and industry leaders who bring their expertise to the classroom and connect current students with future opportunities.
Your Career Opportunities
- Graduates of this program have found employment in Clinical Trials Management, Clinical Data Management, Project Management, Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Quality Systems Management, and other positions in the biomedical product development field.
- Abbott, AbbVie, Genentech, Gilead, Johnson & Johnson, Intuitive Surgical, Stryker, Cepheid, Boston Scientific, Varian, Roche, Almac, Pharmacyclics, Allergan, Thermofisher, Medtronic, Stanford University Clinics, Stanford Hospital, and Verily are some of the companies where MPDM students and alumni work.
- Regulatory Affairs I, Biopharmaceutical
- Regulatory Affairs II Device-Diagnostics
- Statistical Methods in Clinical Trials
- Informatics in Drug and Device Development
- Developing and Managing People
- Managing Medical Product Development
- Project Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesProject Management Bio & Biomedical Engineering Human Medicine View 382 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 (3.0 or above preferred) in the last 60 semester or 90 quarter units of coursework
- Satisfactory completion of a 3-unit undergraduate course in introductory statistics and probability from an accredited college or university is recommended
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Non-resident students pay basic registration fees plus $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.