About the Program
In the Data Analytics and Computational Social Science program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst students can follow a one-year fast track plan with the last 3 months (mid-May through mid-August) compatible with full-time work, or choose a moderately paced 18- to 24-month path.
Possible career trajectories include analyst and consulting positions in public policy, market research, public relations, corporate communications, population studies, and survey research. Students will also be well-prepared to pursue a PhD or other advanced graduate studies.
- Data Science Fundamentals
- Research Design for Social Scientists
- Quantitative Analysis
- Data Communication and Visualization
- Social and Political Network Analysis
- Survey Experiments
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconometrics Statistics Data Science & Big Data View 521 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Personal statement - This should address why you are interested in pursuing a degree in computational social science and describe what makes you a good fit for our program.
- Resume or C.V.
- Most recent official college transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Include at least one current or former professor. Submit only the names of the recommenders; we will send an email to each referee with instructions on how to electronically deliver the recommendation to the Graduate School. All recommendations will be considered non-confidential unless the applicant waives their right of access.
- TOEFL/IELTS - Results for international students without prior instruction in English.
- GRE (optional, not required)
- Writing sample (optional)
International20380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10190 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10190 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4671 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.