The LLM in Information Technology Law (Online Learning) at The University of Edinburgh is highly topical, exploring the second generation – and sometimes even third generation – of regulation that has evolved from the legal framework of the early 2000s. New developments in technology are also a key focus, as these force us to constantly review the very concept of information technology and appropriate legal responses.
Information technology regulation operates across jurisdictions, and a cross-fertilisation of regulatory responses occurs at the interface between domestic, regional and international law. Our aim is to enable you to understand this cross-fertilisation, to be able to contextualise it and place yourself within it.
Graduates of our online distance learning programmes progress to a range of careers in Law and related legal fields, including work in local and international firms, government legal departments, other public institutions, international organisations and in academia.
The programmes are also an ideal platform for advanced research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- To be awarded LLM Information Technology Law, you must successfully complete six courses, four of which must be compulsory courses, and a 10,000-word dissertation during your chosen duration of study.
- During your studies you will also have the opportunity to study up to two modules from different subject areas such as intellectual property law, medical law or international commercial law.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Business Law Legal Studies View 24 other Masters in Business Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in law.
- We will also consider candidates with a degree in a non-law subject which includes relevant prior study of law or IT policy.
- Your other qualifications and professional experience will also be considered as part of your application.
- Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
- Relevant professional qualifications will be considered.
- Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- 2 years (part-time): £11,500
- 3 years (part-time): £7,670
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.