- The Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Science programme is offered at the Purdue University.
- Our research uses mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, statistics, and computer modeling to address some of the most challenging interdisciplinary questions about the past, present, and future state of the earth and planetary systems. Many of our research programs include field work in the U.S. or abroad. Our department is equipped with state of the art computer and laboratory facilities for calculation, visualization, and experimentation. Our former students are now employed by major research institutions, liberal arts colleges, government agencies, and industry.
- The Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences has a great diversity of programs and intersecting disciplines, with faculty and students studying in fields such as severe weather, the solar system, stable isotopes, and geophysics. We are committed to four strategic initiatives: Energy and the Environment, Severe Weather Science, Planetary Exploration, and Geodata Science.
- Atmospheric Science
- Computational Science
- Earth Science Teaching
- Ecological Science & Engineering
- Engineering Geology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Astronomy & Space Sciences View 128 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
- Recommendation Letters
- Statement of Purpose
- The statement of purpose should be a one- to two-page statement describing your professional objectives and your academic and research interests. If possible, the statement should indicate how you see your own research interests overlapping with programs or projects in EAPS. If you have previous research experience, we would like you to write about your experience, and what you accomplished. We are also interested in hearing about any area of your life where you have excelled. Please upload this document into your electronic application. Do not mail separately.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test is not required by the EAPS Department, but will be viewed if submitted
International28794 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14397 USD per semester during 24 months.
National28794 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14397 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9992 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4996 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for West Lafayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.