About the Program
Building on strengths across numerous schools on campus, the Human-Computer Interaction and Design program of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) educates designers, researchers, and developers to not only use a variety of key skills, tools, and approaches but to invent the next generation.
In just one year, students will learn:
- Theories of human behavior and cognition
- To develop user facing software, including high and low fidelity prototypes
- The place for user experience in the software development life cycle
- Visual design
- Empirical methods and analysis
- Ideation and design processes
- To develop personas, scenarios, and storyboards for explaining user needs and design solutions
- To communicate effectively with clients, software developers, and within teams
- Legal requirements for accessible systems and principles of universal design
- Current trends in user experience
- User Needs Analysis
- Design and Prototyping
- User Experience and Evaluation
- Advanced Design and Prototyping
- Interactive Technology Studio
- Innovations in HCI and Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Computer Sciences Human Computer Interaction View 645 other Masters in Design in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States, or the international equivalent. Note, we only accept 4-year undergraduate degrees, not 3-year degrees.
- A minimum 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale)
- Demonstrated English-language proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English
- Online application
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts
- Portfolio demonstrating applicable work experience
- GRE scores
- TOEFL scores may be required for admissions
International33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 12 months.
National33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State18517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18517 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.