About this Degree
The Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Homeland Security Studies from Tulane University focuses on securing and maintaining the safety of U.S. residents through practical applications of security and emergency management.
From courses on domestic and international terrorism and intelligence research methods to examinations of emergency management and border security, the curriculum dives deep into the policies and strategies used in today’s advanced homeland security sector. Upon completion of core courses, you will also have the opportunity to develop an individual plan of study with the Program Director based on your specific interests, including courses outside the Emergency and Security Studies program available on-campus.
Boost your resume with a graduate certificate in Intelligence. You can complete this certificate by taking only four courses. Then, those credits can be applied toward an MPS in Homeland Security.
- Emergency Management
- Critical Infrastr. Protection
- Geospatial Information Systems
- Military/Civilian Response
- Approaches Counter-Terrorism
- HMLS Capstone
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIT Security Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 143 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A statement of 250-500 words discussing their background beyond academic coursework, and how the program will assist them to achieve professional objectives.
- Official college transcripts from each college attended. Typically, successful applicants will have at least a “B” (3.00) average in all coursework taken.
- Applicants may be conditionally admitted and allowed to take one class in their first semester, in which a B or better must be earned to be fully admitted to the program. Students who do not meet the 3.00-grade point average in their undergraduate coursework but who possess sufficient professional experience in the security studies field may be admitted provisionally into the program.
International36927 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1119 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36927 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1119 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.