The University of Wisconsin–System’s Master of Science in Applied Biotechnology is a collaborative fully online program available at the University of Wisconsin Madison campus. The program prepares students to advance their careers through leadership and management positions within the field of biotechnology. Students complete core courses to gain a solid foundation in biotechnology, leadership, ethics, research, communications, product development, quality control, and regulatory and compliance practices.
In addition, the Applied Biotechnology program offers three unique tracks to assist students in tailoring coursework to meet their career goals. Students may choose to complete biotechnology tracks in quality assurance and compliance, business management, or research and development.
This highly multidisciplinary and comprehensive online curriculum is based on the successful face-to-face MS in Biotechnology program offered through the University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Medicine and Public Health.
- The University of Wisconsin–Madison’s M.S. in Applied Biotechnology degree is flexible, so you can complete your master’s while fulfilling work and family commitments.
- Learn from passionate UW faculty who are experts in the field, many who actively work in biotechnology.
- Get real-world experience in the capstone course by applying everything you’ve learned in the program to lead a project at an actual workplace.
- Principles of Biotechnology
- Ethics, Safety, and Regulatory Environments in Biotechnology
- Professional and Technical Communication in Biotechnology
- Techniques in Biotechnology
- Experimental Design and Analysis in Biotechnology
- Biotechnology Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Assessing Innovation in Biotechnology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 38 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Prerequisite coursework: two semesters college-level lab coursework in biological sciences and/or chemistry, all of which must have a lab component. To satisfy the prerequisite you must have completed either two semesters of biological sciences, two semesters of chemistry, or one semester each of biological sciences and chemistry.
- Professional resume or CV
- Unofficial transcripts. Upon acceptance, official transcripts will be required by the Graduate School.
- Two letters of recommendation (can be initiated and processed online via the Graduate School online application)
- A one- or two-page statement of purpose that is specific to the M.S. in Applied Biotechnology online degree
International13175 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13175 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State13175 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.