The Master of Teaching Fine Arts at University of Utah will prepare relevant 21st Century professional teaching artists, arts education scholars, interdisciplinary experts, curriculum designers, directors, regional and national arts education advocates and leaders. For licensed educators, a Master of Arts in Teaching - Fine Arts degree would fulfill reclassification requirements providing them a salary increase.
- Socially engaged arts making
- Community based arts teaching
- Arts teaching applied theory: Critical investigation in arts learning
- Music and dance materials and methods
- Arts teaching theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Fine Arts View 758 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- A bachelor's degree in a specific art form.
- A state arts endorsement in theatre, dance, visual arts, film, or music.
- A cognate education degree suitable to the study of arts teaching.
- Commensurate arts teaching experience.
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- Arts teaching portfolio. Portfolio should include: 3 lesson plans (lessons focusing on work in the traditional classroom and alongside community organizations/participants accepted) 1 arts teaching video (5-8 minutes in length), and images of youth work and/or performances conducted alongside various community members.
International18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9295 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9295 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State5260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2630 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.