About this Degree
The Public Health program at the University of Kansas has been accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) since 1998 and is offered through the Departments of Population Health at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City and the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita in Wichita. KU-MPH is also the only fully accredited MPH program in the state to become a member of the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH).
Our program mission is to improve public health in Kansas, the Heartland, and the nation through excellence in education, discovery, and community engagement.
KU-MPH Graduates serve in a wide variety of public health fields, including clinical medicine, research, health education, disease surveillance and the academic setting.
- Passion: We live our mission and vision to the fullest
- Justice: We champion the rights of individuals and communities
- Learning: We are lifelong learners and inspire that in our students
- Beneficence: We seek out opportunities to do good to our students, our colleagues and our communities
- Diversity: We believe diverse people, backgrounds, experiences and views enrich lives and health
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Community Health Assessment and Advocacy
- Environmental Health
- Leadership in Public Health
- Management of Public Health Data
- Health Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 2319 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A personal statement.
- A CV or resume.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- (Optional) Official copy of the GRE® or other professional test scores that are not more than five years old (ETS code for SOPHAS is 1794).
- One official copy of transcript from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Evaluation of non-U.S. transcripts from WES including degree equivalency and grade point average
- Official TOEFL® or IELTS™ score for international applicants
- Admission into the KU-MPH Program requires a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution (undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 grade scale) and one or more years of responsible work in the health field (preferred). The program may be completed on the Wichita or Kansas City campus.
International23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 12 months.
National23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9989 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9989 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.