This English Language Teaching Certificate program at Temple University is ideal for those who want to develop a solid foundation for teaching English to non-native speakers and can serve as a critical pathway to the master’s program in Teaching English to Speakers of English in Other Languages (TESOL).
As part of your academic program, you will gain firsthand knowledge in classrooms through immersive field placements.
- Applied Language Study: Grammar, Morphology and Classroom Discourse
- Multilingual Students' Literacy Development
- Current Approaches to Teaching English Language Learners
- Teaching English in a Global Context
- Designing Assessment and Curriculum for Multilingual Students
- Second Language Development
- Contexts for Teaching and Learning Language
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching English View 206 other Masters in Teaching English in United States
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline
- Statement of Goals: Outline your interest in seeking a graduate certificate with a specific focus on the career to which you aspire, your interests, and your academic and job-related experiences that are relevant to the program.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Resume: Current resume required.
International7974 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
National7974 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State5796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 966 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.