At Public Administration - Key Executive Leadership from American University Washington DC curriculum includes the major activity areas used in certifying candidates for career positions in the Senior Executive Service. Classes are held on selected Fridays and weekends. Participants continue to work at their jobs while completing their studies.
Students at Public Administration - Key Executive Leadership from American University Washington DC will:
- Apply substantive public administration principles, values and skills to lead organizations and implement public policy effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate increased leadership capacity to facilitate transformation from good managers to extraordinary leaders.
- Exhibit the capacity to analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational and policy effectiveness.
- Leadership for Key Executives
- Executive Clarity: Thinking and Writing
- Legal Issues in Public Administration
- Public Managerial Economics
- Budgeting & Financial Management
- Managing in the Information Age
- Organization Diagnosis and Change
- Executive Problem Solving
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Administration Public Policy View 2533 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 will be admitted provisionally.
- Typically holds a GS-12 (or above) level or equivalent NGO, private sector, or leadership experience.
- Possesses management experience
- Completed graduate online application.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to your academic skills and executive potential.
- A resumé describing your job responsibilities, including your title, GS rating or SES designation (or equivalent).
- A statement of purpose
- A sample of your written work, such as a report, memorandum, or article.
- An interview
International32616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32616 USD per year during 24 months.
- Tuition for National students: $2,045 per credit hour
- The total cost (including tuition, most fees, and textbooks) of the program is $73,623.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.