Teaching from American University Washington DC provides a strong network within DC-Maryland-Virginia (over 50 area schools offer placements for our students) and further networking with our MAT grads teaching in schools nationwide.
Our program prepares graduates in 5 semesters for direct entry into positions as classroom teachers and related careers.
- Effective Teaching for Diverse Students
- Children's Literature: A Critical Literacy Perspective
- Topics in Literacy Education
- Community and Family Partnerships in the Early Childhood Setting
- Topics in Early Childhood Education
- Theory and Curriculum in Early Childhood Education
- Teaching Literacy in the Elementary School
- Teaching Mathematics in the Elementary School
- Teaching Science in the Elementary School
- Teaching Social Studies in the Elementary School
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 277 other Masters in Pedagogy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
International32616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32616 USD per year during 12 months.
- Tuition for National students: $1,812 Per credit hour
- Tuition for summer option: $1,759 per credit
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.