Film and Media Production from American University Washington DC allows you to explore a broad range of aspects of video and filmmaking or to develop an area of expertise. Experiential learning opportunities such as the L.A. Intensive, internships with national media companies, and a semester intensive in Prague are just a few of the many options you'll have to develop skills outside the classroom.
Our program will give you a professional skill set in film, video, and digital media for a successful career in the media industry.
- Digital Media Literacy and Skills
- Producing Film and Video
- Principles of Photography
- Film and Video Production and Direction
- Colloquium: The Story of Film
- Writing for Visual Media
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
SOC operates on a rolling admissions basis for Masters programs.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Media Management View 115 other Masters in Media Management in United States
- Application Requirements
- Statement of purpose
- Transcripts from all previous post-secondary institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Portfolio (optional)
- Admission to the program requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with at least a 3.00 GPA (on a 4.00 scale) in last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
International32616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32616 USD per year during 24 months.
Tuition for National students: $1,812 Per credit hour
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.