At Games and Interactive Media from American University Washington DC students will learn to tailor play design to meet specific goals in player impact, focusing on both theory and practice. The program stretches the students' capacities as designers, developers and administrators and prepares them to take on a variety of creative leadership and instructional roles.
Students who graduate from the program will be poised for a variety of roles in the creative economy, including instruction and creative leadership. Whether your passion is digital game design, physical computing, virtual reality, analog games, new media art or something else, our MFA lets you develop the skills to create great games.
- Web Portfolio
- Dynamic Content
- Topics in Mass Media
- Political Communication
- Strategic Communication Leadership and Management
- Web and Mobile Development
- Motion Graphics and Effects
- Communication Theory
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
SOC operates on a rolling admissions basis for Masters programs.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Video Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences View 59 other Masters in Video Games & Multimedia in United States
- Statement of purpose
- Transcripts from all previous post-secondary institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Portfolio (optional)
- Admission to the program requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with at least a 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) grade point average in last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- The Graduate Record General Examination (GRE) is required, but may be waived by the division director
International32616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32616 USD per year during 36 months.
Tuition for National students: $1,812 Per credit hour
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.