Media, Technology and Democracy from American University Washington DC is designed for working professionals, you will build upon your existing knowledge and experience, completing PhD-level coursework in communication technology, history and law.
Careers in media and technology policy are projected to grow rapidly in the coming years. This program will give you the background you need to become a communications specialist or policy expert.
- Communication, Copyright and Culture
- Musical Cultures and Industries
- Game Research Methods
- Quantitative Methods for Policy Analysis
- Policy Process
- Economics and Politics of Public Policy
- Ethical Issues in Public Policy
- Economics for Policy Analysis
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
SOC operates on a rolling admissions basis for Masters programs.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 338 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- Admissions essay
- Transcripts from all previous post-secondary institutions
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admission to the program requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with at least a 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) grade point average in last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Portfolio (optional)
International32616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32616 USD per year during 12 months.
Tuition for National students: $1,812 Per credit hour
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.