This broad scope creates a stimulating atmosphere for graduate education and research, leading to innovative approaches in the sustainable management of forest and other natural resources.
Graduate study can be conducted in a variety of disciplines and interdisciplinary topic areas including plant physiology, genetics, forest management, forest soils, economics, invasive species, natural resource policy, wood utilization, wildlife biology and management, conservation biology, forest ecology, silviculture, hydrology, natural resource policy, restoration ecology (including mine reclamation), and watershed management.
Many forestry graduates continue their education in graduate school. Job opportunities for graduates from the Forest and Natural Resource Sciences MSc program offered at University of Kentucky include:
- State and Federal Forester
- Land Manager
- Urban Forester
- Consulting Forester
- Wildland Firefighter
- Utility Forester
- Forest Biologist
- GIS Specialist
- County Extension Agent
- Environmental Scientist
- Water Quality Specialist
- Naturalist and many more.
- Forests and Forestry
- Communication and Professional Development in Forestry and Natural Resources
- Issues in Agriculture, Food and Environment
- Forestry and Natural Resource Ethics
- Forest Fire
- Forest Resource Policy and Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- 30 credits (non-thesis masters)
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Forestry Environmental Sciences View 130 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement: This should describe one’s academic and professional goals and interests. Applicant must indicate in personal statement: (a) which faculty member s/he wishes to have as the major professor, and (b) whether or not s/he is applying for an assistantship.
- Three letters of recommendation
International33548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33548 USD per year during 12 months.
National33548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33548 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13674 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13674 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lexington-Fayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.