Highlights - Music Theory and Composition MA/MM program at University of Kentucky
- The University of Kentucky School of Music is internationally recognized for excellence in performance, music education and research in music.
- For over 100 years, the School has helped musicians prepare for careers as performers, educators, researchers, and a wide array of leadership positions both in and outside of the field of music.
- More than 400 students benefit from world-class teaching and the broad academic offerings of a major university.
- Students have abundant opportunities to participate in prestigious ensembles – from orchestras to choirs to the Wildcat Marching Band – that perform throughout the U.S. and the world.
- Music of the middle ages
- Music of the renaissance
- Music of the baroque era
- Music of the classic period
- Music of the 19th century
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic Music Composition View 1089 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CV. Should include:
- Presentations/Recitals/Publications/Clinics (include locations and dates). Include a list on a separate page, if you can, of papers you have written, whether published or unpublished.
- Personal Statement: One-page statement (at least 150 words, 3 paragraphs suggested) expressing your motivation for seeking this degree from the University of Kentucky and how this degree fits into your goals for the future.
- Writing Sample: At least one music paper of an analytical nature is required (two samples preferred). An undergraduate term paper is acceptable. The topic of the paper should deal with some aspect of form, harmony, or other organizational aspects of a piece of music.
- Audition and exam request form
- Three letters of recommendation
International33548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33548 USD per year during 12 months.
National33548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33548 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13674 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13674 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lexington-Fayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.