If you would like to become a speech-language pathologist but perhaps have job or family commitments that prevent you from attending a full-time master’s program, then we encourage you to consider the Master’s of Science via distance-education (MS-DE), which is offered part-time through distance learning. If you would like to become a speech-language pathologist and can attend a full-time master’s program, then we encourage you to consider the residential Master’s of Science (MS-Res).
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of basic human communication and swallowing processes across the life span.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of human communication and swallowing disorders and differences across the life span.
- Students will collaborate with other professionals in case management and provide counseling regarding communication and swallowing disorders to clients/patients, family, caregivers, and relevant others. They will adhere to the ASHA Code of Ethics and behave professionally, meeting additional departmental standards for professional responsibility, interactions, and attitude.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of processes used in research and of the integration of research principles into evidence-based clinical practice.
- With the Speech-Language Pathology MSc program from University of South Carolina, you will be able to work in any setting a speech-language pathologist can work: schools, hospitals, other medical facilities, private practice, etc.
- As a speech-language pathologist, you will be able to work with children and adults who have all types of communication disorders, including speech (e.g., articulation, motor speech difficulties), language (e.g., slow to develop spoken language, autism, literacy difficulties, loss of language due to stroke), fluency (e.g., stuttering), voice (e.g., harsh voice, dialects) and swallowing (e.g., feeding, inability to swallow) problems, and more.
- Preschool Language Development and Disorders
- School-Age Language & Literacy Development and Disorders
- Advanced Study of Literacy for Speech-Language Pathologists
- Anatomy and Physiology of Speech and Hearing Mechanisms
- Neurocognitive Bases of Language Behavior
- Speech Science and Acoustic Measurement
- Language Theory and Phonetics
- Observation of Speech Language Pathology
- Language Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Human Medicine Linguistics View 707 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Official Transcripts
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official GRE Scores (optional for 2021 and 2022 admissions)
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 12 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.