The ocean is one of the most productive and complex environments on Earth. Covering more than 70 percent of the Earth’s surface, it plays a major role in regulating the Earth’s climate and supports a diversity of life that impacts industry, tourism, and human health. Understanding the natural oceanic ecosystem, as well as human impacts on the marine realm, represents a major challenge to marine scientists worldwide. Marine Science oriented faculty within the SEOE are leaders both within South Carolina and internationally in examining a variety of research questions that are vital to increasing our current understanding of the marine environment.
- Students will conduct independent scientific research at the graduate level.
- Students will demonstrate teaching skills.
- Students will communicate orally to demonstrate their ability to present scientific results clearly, logically, and critically.
- Students will communicate in writing to demonstrate their ability to present scientific results clearly, logically, and critically.
- Students will apply scientific methodology, quantitative problem-solving, and experimental techniques within the core areas of marine science.
The Marine Sciences MSc program offered at University of South Carolina can prepare you for careers in:
- scientific research for national organizations such as NASA, the National Oceanic and Atmosphere Administration and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- environmental, oil and gas private firms
- Geological Oceanography
- Advanced Biological Oceanography
- Physical Oceanography
- Chemical Oceanography
- Marine biology/Biological oceanography
- Marine chemistry/Chemical oceanography
- Marine geology/Geological oceanography
- Physical oceanography/Atmospheric dynamics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Studies View 121 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United States
- Official Transcripts
- Official GRE Score
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Personal Statement
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.