- The Computer and Information Technology program at the University of Pennsylvania stems from a belief that advanced computer science coursework for people with undergraduate degrees in other diverse ﬁelds leads to highly successful career paths. Our graduates and their careers today stand as strong proof to this philosophy. Within the realm of academia, pursuing further advanced study in computer science is also an option open to MCIT graduates.
- Due to the goals and nature of the MCIT program, it is strictly for applicants with limited or no past experience in computer science. Candidates with an undergraduate major in Computer Science or closely related ﬁelds, should consider applying to the Master of Science in Engineering (MSE) program instead.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Software Development
- Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
- Computer Systems
- Data Structures and Software Design
- Computer Systems Programming
- Algorithms and Computation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Deadlines for Fall Admission: Early – November 1
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences View 527 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Biographical information (part of the online application);
- Personal Statement
- Two  official Letters of Recommendation – one must be from a faculty member who is familiar with the candidate’s scholarly abilities:
- CIS PhD application requires three  Letters of Recommendation.
- Unofficial Transcript – submitted with application:
- One  transcript from each university or college attended where course credit was earned, to be uploaded and submitted with the online application. It is required to be in English.
- $90 non-refundable application fee
- TOEFL/IELTS* – All international applicants and non-US Citizens/Permanent Resident applicants for whom English is not the native language must submit official scores for either the Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
International7328 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7328 USD per module during 24 months.
National7328 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7328 USD per module during 24 months.
- Tuition per 1 course unit
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.