To prepare you for your career, at The University of Alabama at Birmingham we've designed our Public Health - Physician Assistant Studies program to give you a thorough understanding of social and environmental determinants of health, population disease prevention and health promotion strategies, health disparities, epidemiological research analysis, and health-care quality improvement capabilities. First, you'll complete 23 core curriculum hours.
Next, you'll take seven credit hours from a concentration that fits with your particular interests. Your choices are environmental health science, epidemiology, health behavior, health care organization and policy, or a combination (general MPH). In addition, you must complete the MSPAS courses; however, you may share 12 credit hours between the two degrees. Finally, before you hit the job market, we want to give you real-world experience in one of our rural primary care clinical community partners.
Students may complete the MPH degree program totally online, in class, or through a mix of online and in class experiences.
- Physician assistants are licensed to practice medicine under the supervision of a licensed physician.
- The MPH can be earned completely online—and it's one of the best online programs of its kind in the nation, according to OnlineMasters.com.
- Public Health Management and Evaluation
- Leadership for Evidence-Based Public Health
- Environment and Health: The MPH Capstone
- Health Care Delivery and Reimbursement
- Analysis of Professional Literature
- Fundamentals of Clinical Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 611 other Masters in Physics in United States
Students must apply separately to the MPH and MSPAS programs. Upon acceptance to the MSPAS program, dual degree students will be accepted automatically to the MPH degree program.
- Learn how to apply to the MSPAS program.
- Learn how to apply to SOPH. Students must apply to the MPH program through the UAB Graduate School. Select "MPH dual program" and then the MPH/MSPAS track.Test score field is required, so enter GRE or MCAT and a date to advance in the application.
- The reference letter field is also required, so enter three names from the CASPA application and select no when asked if they will be electronic submission.
International77470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1220 USD per credit during 24 months.
National72517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1142 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State30734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 484 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.