In fact, this Engineering Management degree from The University of Alabama at Birmingham began because we kept hearing over and over again that so many engineers simply don't have management skills. So, we teamed our engineering school with our Collat School of Business and designed a management program that addresses the specific needs of engineers. We have two simple goals: teach you engineering and teach you business. To accomplish the former, we're going to give you a curriculum that emphasizes a systems-oriented, multidisciplinary approach to solving complex problems.
Your courses will cover topics such as technical project management, professional development for engineers, advanced materials and manufacturing, and more. For the latter, we will teach you how to develop essential business acumen, strategic thinking, and a commitment to professional work habits. Your courses here will cover topics such as marketing, accounting, and finance. In the end, you’ll have access to courses in both advanced engineering and today’s modern business environment.
- UAB faculty and students in the Engineering and Innovative Technology Development group work for NASA to design and build new rapid-freeze technologies used on board the International Space Station.
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Marketing Strategy
- From Idea to IPO
- Leading Innovation
- Systems Engineering
- Technical Project Management
- Professional Development for Engineers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEngineering Management View 342 other Masters in Engineering Management in United States
Applicants to the MSEM degree are expected to have:
- An undergraduate engineering degree that is either ABET-accredited or is recognized as substantially equivalent through the Washington Accord with a GPA of 3.0 or greater OR Junior or senior in good standing with 3.0 GPA in an engineering degree program as defined above.
- Standard personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Interview with the committee or a committee member
International40293 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1221 USD per credit during 12 months.
National37653 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1141 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15906 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 482 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.