As a matter of fact, our goal is for you to leave this Biomedical and Health Sciences program with the well-rounded, comprehensive education you need for entry into a variety of professional programs. This program was developed through a partnership with the UAB School of Health Professions and the Department of Cell, Developmental and Integrative Biology in the School of Medicine.
You’ll actually find that the coursework was modeled after the first two years of the UAB School of Medicine curriculum. You’ll take classes covering biochemistry, genetics, histology, microbiology, immunology, and integrated systems (gastrointestinal systems, musculoskeletal, and skin.) You’ll also participate in research, a seminar in interpersonal skills and teamwork, and a capstone experience that combines your coursework with small-group applications.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham is the only university in the southeast to offer this kind of program.
- Use this program to improve your scores for qualifying tests into health care programs, like the MCAT for medical school, the OAT for optometry school, the PCAT for physical therapy school, and more.
- Molecules and Cells
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Integrated Systems I: Neuroendocrine
- Integrated Systems IV: Gastrointestinal
- Capstone: Integrating Basic and Clinical Sciences
- Clinical Application and Simulation
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Health Sciences View 366 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Applicants should contact the testing agency to have official scores sent to the UAB Graduate School's institution code (1856 for GRE).
- Applicants must have successfully completed prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of C, have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0, and have a minimum cumulative science GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement of interest to the program, and submit three letters of recommendation.
- If accepted, applicants must complete the UAB medical history questionnaire, provide proof of all required immunization (e.g., TB skin test and tetanus shot), and receive satisfactory screening by the UAB Medical Center Student Health Service. Students are required to create a profile in Certified Background. Students will receive further instructions pertaining to Certified Background after admission into the program.
- If accepted, the start date is the first day of the summer 10-week session.
International49368 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1496 USD per credit during 11 months.
National46794 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1418 USD per credit during 11 months.
In-State19635 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 11 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.