A pragmatic career step
Increasingly sophisticated data comes from electronic health records (EHR), clinical trials, cohort studies, and geo-mapped incidence information for a variety of diseases. The Biomedical and Health Informatics program of the Case Western Reserve University will equip you to work with and integrate these and other diverse sources. We also emphasize the professional skills needed to collaborate with, manage, and/or lead cross-disciplinary teams.
Our students are prepared to serve in a variety of roles from designing studies, integrating large complex data sets, analyzing data, managing projects and teams, leading process improvement in clinical settings, or advancing research that impacts prevention and treatment. They find that our program is an important step supporting career growth in academia, hospitals/health systems, industry, or government.
Our students come from many disciplines including:
- Computer Science
- Clinical Care
- Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Health Care Management and Administration
A dynamic and flexible program
Our program integrates biomedical and health informatics, requiring a broad-based core and extremely flexible electives to allow students with their mentor’s guidance to tailor a program that resonates with their personal interests and individual career trajectory.
While the usual time to completion through full-time enrollment is 16 months, there are multiple options available to students, including a non-thesis intensive pathway that can be completed in 11 months, as well as part-time study.Students who are exploring options, may want to consider our Certificate program, with courses that all count towards the Master’s degree and towards the PhD program.
- Health Care Information Systems
- Statistical Methods
- Computing in Biomedical Health Informatics
- Medical Imaging Fundamentals
- History and Philosophy of Public Health
- Analysis of Algorithms
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Sciences Health Informatics View 2174 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Case Western Reserve University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online Application
- Three letters of recommendation are required
- Statement of Purpose: In one to two pages, address your interest in biomedical and health informatics and how you hope to utilize this program in your career path
- Pay the $50 application fee upon submission of your application
- GRE General Exam: The GRE general exam is required. We do accept the MCAT as a substitute for the GRE general exam. You may request that this requirement be waived due to a previous graduate/professional degree OR due to strong evidence of work experience in a quantitative field.
- TOEFL Exam: For international applicants: if you are not a citizen of an English speaking country or if your previous college or university was not taught in English please submit an English proficiency exam (IELTS, TOFEL, or PTE).
International68788 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34394 USD per semester during 16 months.
National68788 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34394 USD per semester during 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.