The MS in Nanoscience from The City University of New York is an interdisciplinary field that focuses on understanding the chemical and physical properties of objects at the nanoscale and their unique emergent properties. It simultaneously draws upon the concepts found in chemistry, physics, biology, materials science, and engineering, and consequently serves as an interdisciplinary nexus in science. The Graduate Center is one of the few schools to offer this type of degree.
More specifically, the M.S. Program in Nanoscience:
- Provides students with an opportunity to gain essential coursework and research experience in the key disciplines, methodologies, theories, and concepts of nanoscience, an interdisciplinary field impacting the biomedical, electronics, photonics, telecommunications, and energy fields.
- Prepares students to enter the expanding nanoscience workforce and/or gain admittance to doctoral programs in fields encompassed by nanoscience, including chemistry, physics, materials science, engineering, and biomedicine.
- Offers students innovative courses in nanofabrication, nanoscale imaging, and surface analysis using the nanofabrication facility at the CUNY ASRC. This hands-on laboratory experience is a unique opportunity to prepare for the global workforce and for graduate research.
- Provides a distinct, interdisciplinary, stand-alone master’s degree which is not an en route or terminal master’s degree for the current Ph.D. programs in chemistry and physics.
- Provides students with abundant opportunities for cutting-edge graduate research across CUNY.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantum Mechanics
- Nanoscience Theory
- Practical Nanoscience Laboratory
- Scientific Writing
- Capstone Project
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Chemistry View 544 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- Letters of Recommendation
- English as a Foreign Language
- $75 application fee
International12825 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12825 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 24 months.
- Full-time: $5,545/semester
- Part-time: $470 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.