The Childhood Education Teacher (1-6) - Science and Environmental Education applies to students who hold a New York State Initial Certificate in Childhood Education (grades 1-6) or its equivalent. This program leads to a New York State Professional Certificate in Childhood Education (grades 1-6).
What you'll study
Through collaborative action, teaching and research, we develop our students' capacities to create socially just, intellectually vital, aesthetically rich, and compassionate communities that value equity and excellence, access and rigor. We design our programs in cooperation with liberal arts and sciences faculties and in conjunction with local schools in order to provide our students with opportunities to develop the knowledge, proficiencies, and understandings needed to work with New York City's racially, ethnically, and linguistically diverse populations.
Our program is unique in that our students become highly skilled in content and methodology courses, adept in diversified literacy skills, and have the ability to integrate pragmatic tools of technology, including free and interactive Web 2.0 tools such as blogs, wikis, and podcasts. Our reflective graduates are astutely aware of the digital divide and the need to use source ware (free software) so no child is left behind in the Information Age, and the need to produce globally competitive students regardless of their socioeconomic status.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Selected Concepts in Life Science for Childhood and Middle Childhood Teachers
- Methodology in Childhood Science and Environmental Teaching and Learning
- Foundations and Analysis of Teaching
- Seminar in Applied Theory and Research: Science and Environmental Education
- Children and Youth with Special Needs
- Teaching in Least Restrictive Environments
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Environmental Sciences View 490 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (applicants who earned a bachelor's degree outside the United States need to submit a 'Course by Course International Transcript Evaluation.' )
- Two letters of recommendation, resume
- Photocopy of New York State or other state teaching certificate, a brief biographical statement of 500 to 1,000 words describing your reasons for pursuing the specific graduate program to which you are applying and your future professional goals.
- Interview with department.
- GRE scores
- F-1 or J-1 international students must submit English Proficiency Exam
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
New York State Residents:
Full-Time $5,545 per semester
Part-Time $470 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.