University of Massachusetts Boston’s MEd Program in Instructional Design offers a practical master’s degree that is ideal for career professionals engaged in the education, training, and development of adult learners in the work place. This multi-disciplinary academic program provides students with a dynamic learning process through a comprehensive course of study that gives equal importance to both the planning and the delivery of adult instruction.
Applications of instructional design can be seen today in business and industry; in schools and colleges, government agencies, and the military; in health care organizations, religious institutions, and professional societies.
Using the principles and practices of adult education, the program’s theoretical and applied courses concentrate in three areas:
- Building a foundation and conceptual framework for the instructional design process
- Developing instructional strategies and skills to facilitate adult learning
- Using educational media and technology to enhance learning
- The Adult as Learner
- Communication Theory and Practice
- Using Primary Research for Evidence-Based Practice
- Planning, Design and Development of eLearning
- Assessment and Evaluation in the Instructional Design Process
- Design and Instruction of Online Courses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Instructional Design View 1195 other Masters in Education in United States
- A personal interview with the program faculty (email email@example.com for an appointment before applying)
- A statement of interests and intent
- Two letters of recommendation from former teachers familiar with your recent academic work, or from employers familiar with your professional ability
- An updated résumé
- Official transcripts of all previous undergrad and graduate work
International10350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20700 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National10350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20700 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Online tuition is $575 per credit.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.