University of Massachusetts Boston’s Critical and Creative Thinking MA was ranked as one of the Best Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report. This program focuses on learning and applying ideas and tools in critical thinking, creative thinking, and reflective practice.
Who is this program for
It’s designed for students from a wide array of professions and endeavors looking for personal and professional development to develop clarity and confidence to become constructive, reflective agents of change in education, work, social movements and activism, science, and creative arts.
You’ll experiment and take risks as you apply what you’re learning in the classroom to real-world situations, reflect on these outcomes and revise accordingly, and build a set of tools, practices, and perspectives that work in your specific professional and personal endeavors. Apply these skills to virtually any field — from education to policy making to the arts.
Outcomes and careers
At the end of this two-year program, you’ll be awarded a Master of Arts in Critical and Creative Thinking. The degree will demonstrate your expertise in the field on your résumé, as well as in interviews and workplace evaluations.
- Critical Thinking
- Creative Thinking
- Processes of Research and Engagement
- Action Research for Educational, Professional & Personal Change
- Synthesis of Theory and Practice Seminar
- Holistic & Transformative Teaching
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Philosophy & Ethics Creative Writing View 258 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Official transcripts of all previous undergrad and graduate work
- Three letters of recommendation from former teachers familiar with your recent academic work, or from employers familiar with your professional ability
- A statement of interests and intent: The Program’s admissions requirements call for an essay of at least 1200 words in which you explain your intellectual, artistic, professional or personal reasons for wanting to pursue a certificate in Critical and Creative Thinking.
- Test Scores: GRE scores are optional to apply for our program. International students should check with Graduate Admissions to inform you of your required tests.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Required from students from countries where English is not the primary language
- Declaration and Certification of Finances
- Personal Disclosure Form
International9487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 575 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 575 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.