In the Explosives Engineering program at Missouri University of Science and Technology you'll study theoretical and practical approaches of explosive engineering, learn analysis and design of explosives-related systems, and discover natural and built structure effects.
Thesis and non-thesis options available. Both options require 30 credit hours of coursework to complete. The MS degree with thesis requires the completion of 24 hours of graduate coursework and six hours of research (Exp Eng 6099) and the successful completion and defense of a research thesis. For the MS degree non-thesis option, the six hours of research are replaced by two additional explosive courses (an industry project or graduate co-operative experince can count as one of these two additional courses).
- Principles of Explosives Engineering
- Blasting Design and Technology
- Demolition of Buildings and Structures
- Tunneling and Underground Construction Techniques
- Scientific Instrumentation for Explosives Testing and Blasting
- Environmental Controls for Blasting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 385 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Missouri University of Science and Technology and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor of science in engineering, technology or a physical science is required.
- Undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.0
- GRE V+Q ≥ 300; GRE Q ≥ 150, and GRE WR ≥ 3.5
- International requirement: TOEFL ≥ 80 or IELTS ≥ 6.5, or satisfactory completion of an approved English language Institute program.
- All participants in explosives courses must submit to a security background check.
- Statement of Purpose
- Unofficial transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation
Complete the Online Application.
International14400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 USD per semester during 12 months.
National14400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.