Through the Explosives Technology program at Missouri University of Science and Technology you will study theoretical and practical approaches of explosives engineering and learn analysis and design of explosive-related systems.
Thesis and non-thesis options available. However, the non-thesis option is encouraged for distance students. Both options require 30 credit hours of coursework to complete, with a minimum 9 hours of 6000+ lecture classes. Thesis candidates may choose to include 6 hours of research to replace a 3 hour 5000+ lecture course and a 3 hour 6000+ lecture course in order to write a thesis.
- Blasting Design and Technology
- Explosives in Industry
- Demolition of Buildings and Structures
- Specialty Uses of Energetic Materials
- Explosives Manufacturing
- Advanced Tunneling and Underground Construction Techniques
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Emergency & Disaster Management View 52 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Missouri University of Science and Technology and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s degree, with experience handling and using explosives
- Undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.0
- GRE V+Q ≥ 300; GRE Q ≥ 150, and GRE WR ≥ 3.5
- International requirement: TOEFL ≥ 80, or IELTS ≥ 6.5, or satisfactory completion of an approved English language Institute program.
- All participants in explosives courses must submit to a security background check.
- Statement of Purpose
- Unofficial transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation
Complete the Online Application.
International14400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 USD per semester during 12 months.
National14400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.