Behavior analysis is an area of psychology that focuses on environmental influences on behavior. In the Master in Psychology - Applied Behavior Analysis from Marquette University students will complete intensive course work, receive research mentorship, develop an area of specialization and complete rigorous practicum training.
The goals of this program will be to train behavior analysts to:
- Implement state-of-the-art behavior analytic assessments and interventions
- Consume, evaluate and translate basic and applied research into effective practice
- Make contributions to their field through scholarly writing and presenting
- Become leaders and innovators in their field
- Promote the ideals of social justice and equality as professionals
Marquette students will be able to tailor their educational experience to match their professional goals and the opportunity to direct their education more heavily toward research careers or toward more direct professional practice.
Students may choose to be trained to guide intervention programs with:
- children and adults with social skill deficits
- young children with autism spectrum disorders
- children displaying vocal or motor tics associated with Tourette syndrome
- individuals displaying more significant self-injurious behavior or aggressive behavior
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Concepts and Principles of Behavior
- Single Subject Research Methods
- Verbal Behavior
- Functional Assessment and Treatment
- Ethical and Professional Conduct for Behavior Analysts
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 1126 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- A completed online application form and fee.
- Copies of all college/university transcripts except Marquette.
- A personal statement of 1,000 words or fewer that includes discussion of academic and professional experiences and goals. The statement should comment on how the applicant's experiences and/or interests would contribute to fostering diversity in the clinical psychology program.
- Three letters of reference from individuals familiar with the applicant’s academic work and/or research experience.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test scores (General Test).
- (For international applicants only) a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.
International18300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1220 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1220 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.