The MA in Translation with Business Interpreting (Chinese) from University of Bath is a highly competitive master's, ideal for those with an interest and aptitude for translation or business interpreting.
You may be working already as a translator and interpreter in mainland China, Taiwan, the UK or elsewhere, or looking to establish yourself with the specialist skills needed to excel in this profession.
What you'll study
The focus of the course is on written translation from English to Chinese and Chinese to English, as well as business interpreting between English and Chinese. In particular, you'll develop translation and interpreting skills suited to working in business and tailored to market needs in mainland China, Taiwan, the UK and other regions.
The MA Translation with Business Interpreting is a highly vocational course that will equip you with a variety of transferable skills, including interpersonal, communication and organisational skills. Our graduates have used these skills to access a variety of professions, including interpreting, translation, editing, teaching, accounting and further study.
Our graduates have gone on to work for the following organisations:
- Net-a-Porter (Product Editorial Team), London
- Bank of China, Beijing
- DS Avocats Law Firm, Beijing
- SPD Silicon Valley Bank, Shanghai
- RIFA Global Entertainment, China
- Ernst & Young, Bristol & London
- Menicon (Trilingual Coordinator)
We also have an extremely active alumni network and tight-knit community that shares career advice. This enables us to help with short-term interpreting and translation opportunities supported by recent graduates.
Through its university partnership scheme, the Chartered Institute of Linguists offers free membership to language students to support you on the pathway to professional success
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Liaison interpreting for business (Chinese/English)
- Chinese to English translation for business
- English to Chinese translation for business
- Proofreading, editing and management skills for translators and interpreters (Chinese)
- Using technology in the translation industry (Chinese)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting View 118 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United Kingdom
- You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course, you should normally have mother tongue competence in Chinese or English. Applicants whose mother tongue is not any of these languages may be eligible on a case by case basis.
- Please note you must meet the English language requirements before applying to this programme.
- We welcome applications from graduates from all countries so if you can’t see your country in the list, please contact our admissions team for advice about your specific entry requirements.
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.