The MA in Translation with Business Interpreting (Chinese) from University of Bath is a highly competitive master's, ideal for those with an interest and aptitude for translation or business interpreting.
You may be working already as a translator and interpreter in mainland China, Taiwan, the UK or elsewhere, or looking to establish yourself with the specialist skills needed to excel in this profession.
What you'll study
The focus of the course is on written translation from English to Chinese and Chinese to English, as well as business interpreting between English and Chinese. In particular, you'll develop translation and interpreting skills suited to working in business and tailored to market needs in mainland China, Taiwan, the UK and other regions.
The MA Translation with Business Interpreting is a highly vocational course that will equip you with a variety of transferable skills, including interpersonal, communication and organisational skills. Our graduates have used these skills to access a variety of professions, including interpreting, translation, editing, teaching, accounting and further study.
Our graduates have gone on to work for the following organisations:
- Net-a-Porter (Product Editorial Team), London
- Bank of China, Beijing
- DS Avocats Law Firm, Beijing
- SPD Silicon Valley Bank, Shanghai
- RIFA Global Entertainment, China
- Ernst & Young, Bristol & London
- Menicon (Trilingual Coordinator)
We also have an extremely active alumni network and tight-knit community that shares career advice. This enables us to help with short-term interpreting and translation opportunities supported by recent graduates.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Liaison interpreting for business (Chinese/English)
- Chinese to English translation for business
- English to Chinese translation for business
- Proofreading, editing and management skills for translators and interpreters (Chinese)
- Using technology in the translation industry (Chinese)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting View 116 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course, you should normally have mother tongue competence in Chinese or English. Applicants whose mother tongue is not any of these languages may be eligible on a case by case basis.
- Please note you must meet the English language requirements before applying to this programme.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in an English speaking country you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.