Become an expert in sustainable development within an international context by addressing global societal challenges, such as poverty, migration, climate change, or humanitarian interventions after a natural disaster. The core theme in this Organizing for Global Social Challenges program at Tilburg University is sustainable development with a focus on social and economic motives.
- A unique perspective on sustainable development: this specialization considers the role of organizations and private businesses in addressing global social challenges, in addition to the emergence of new organizational forms to achieve sustainable development goals.
- Learn how to develop organizational interventions, run projects and assemble teams of experts who address global societal challenges.
- Community-building activities throughout the program will ensure cohesion in the programs cohort. Become part of an innovative program which brings together academics and students from all over the world in a small-scale and interactive learning environment.
Become prepared to lead and participate in change- and innovation-oriented projects aiming to tackle societal challenges. In this program you’ll learn to combine multi-disciplinary disciplines to address complex societal challenges from a cross-cultural and international comparative perspective.
With this knowledge, you can think beyond country borders and the limits of one area of expertise. These skills are in great demand within companies, organizations and projects operating in international environments. Graduates found work in (non-)profit sector, in multinational organizations, entrepreneurial ventures, government, and the private sector. Examples of employers include Unicef, Phillips, Oxfam Novib, Doctors without Borders, Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, or Greenpeace.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evidence Based Intervention
- Social Changes and Sustainable Development
- Complexity within Organizations
- Interorganizational Relationships
- Organizational Dynamics
- Hybrid Organizations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesSustainable Development Master in Management (MIM) Public Policy View 5 other Masters in Master in Management (MIM) in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be admitted directly to our Master's track in Organizing for Global Social Challenges, you must have the following academic background:
- A Bachelor's and/or a master's degree in social sciences, e.g., Human Resource Studies, Organization Studies, Management, Business Studies, or equivalent programs.
- Basic knowledge about the social sciences, e.g., sociology, psychology, research methods and statistics.
- Relevant knowledge about organizations, management, and research methods.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2253 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2253 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.